Saturday, July 12, 2014

CLARE

haven't been here for a long time -- almost forgot about it -- was so busy with exams and rotations!

7/10 was the first official day of my new job, a first 'real' full-time job in my 30yr-life!
1st day of work 10 pts: everything was perfect except my car was towed!
2nd day of work 15 pts: everything was perfect except I forgot my lunch box at home...
3rd day of work 16 pts: today -- saw a pt with CLARE (contact lens related acute red eye)!

looked kinda like this:
I wasn't sure what was the pathology at the moment... bact? fungal? viral? acanthamoeba?...
looked it up online and in notes after coming back home, and turned out may be less serious than I thought -- more inflammatory, less infectious...
Rxed ofloxacin ophth 0.3% qh OD.
hope the pt is feeling better now and will come back next Monday!!

roughly, 90% young healthy pts (10-60 yo), and ~10% with BV issues~
in general, my new job, so far so good~

2 comments:

Andrew said...

you're a doctor now!
how many points are possible in one day!?

Bottle said...

points? what points?
haha, 'pts'- patients! not points...